Present in India since 1921, American Express has launched one-of-its-kind Credit Card named Traveller's Companion American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card that has best spend-linked Travel Benefits for the Cardholders. It has been tailored to meet the quality needs of frequent fliers.
Let's have a deeper understanding of what American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card entails, which will give you a clearer picture
Unrivalled Welcome Gift
Welcome Gift of 5,000 Milestone 11,800 Bonus Membership Rewards Points redeemable for Travel Vouchers worth Rs.4,000.
Bonus Travel Vouchers based on Annual Spending
- Spend Rs.1.90 lakhs in a year and get Travel Vouchers worth more than Rs.7,700
- Spend Rs.4 lakhs in a year and additionally get Travel Vouchers worth more than Rs.11,800 (+) get a voucher worth Rs.10,000 from the Taj Group
One Simple Calculation of Benefits you get on spending Rs.4 lakhs in a year
- If you spend Rs.4 lakhs in a year
- You will get Rs.23,500 worth of Travel Vouchers & Rs.10,000 Voucher from the Taj Group = Rs.33,500 in total
It comes to almost 8% which is wonderful and Unparallel Returns, if compared to any of the Cards in the same space.
Get 3% cash back at leading fuel stations across India.
Get upto 20% discount at select premium restaurants, multiple cuisines & more.
- 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs.50 spent except for spend at Fuel, Utilities, Insurance and Cash Transactions.
- You can further accelerate your Regular Membership Rewards Points and Earn up to 20 Bonus Membership Rewards Points for every Rs. 100 at Amex EXTRA Membership Rewards Program Partners.
Complementary Airport lounge access
Enjoy 4 complimentary visits per year to 31 airport lounges in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and 10 other cities.
Free Add-on Cards
Get up to two Supplementary Cards at no extra cost.
Lesser Known Benefits of American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- Enjoy benefits on your travel bookings with MakeMyTrip.com.
- Enjoy complimentary membership to Priority Pass, with the US$99 annual membership fee waived off.
- The card has an inbuilt Contactless Payment Technology wherein you do not require to punch in the Personal Identification Number (PIN) when choosing to pay via the contactless feature
- Zero lost Card liability. If you lose your Card, your liability is nil after reporting the loss, and is limited to a maximum of only Rs.1,000 before reporting
- Experience unmatched service with 24x7 Platinum Assist and Emergency Card Replacement, anywhere in the world
- Use your American Express Credit Card for your next big purchase & pay in easy EMI
Redemption of Rewards Points
- You can redeem your rewards points for Travel Vouchers
- In case you don't want to redeem your rewards points for Travel Vouchers, you can redeem them by choosing from over 600 other redemption options. The redemption value will vary depending upon the item redeemed
- The Membership Rewards Points on your American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card that have been accrued in any particular enrolment year and have not yet been redeemed can be carried over for up to three further enrolment years. Points not redeemed by the end of the third enrolment year will expire.
What you need to pay to own American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- Joining fee: Rs.3500 plus applicable taxes
- Second year onwards: Rs.5,000 plus applicable taxes
Pros of American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- You will get a Welcome Gift of Travel Vouchers worth Rs.4,000 which is actually more than the joining fee you have paid
- If you spend Rs. 4 lakhs annually, you will get a benefit of Rs. 33,500, comes to around 8% returns
- You will enjoy complimentary membership to Priority Pass worth US$99
Cons of American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
You will not get anything additionally, if you spend above 4 Lakhs in a year.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card has wide acceptance & it has been designed primarily for the benefits of the frequent flyers and people whose profession require a lot of travel. This card comes with numerous advantages and great privileges.
It proves to be is the best benefiting card and scores heavily when compared to the all the other cards in Travel Category. Our honest opinion is that one must have this privileged card in his wallet as it is a traveller's best companion.