Central Bank Of India Rupay Debit Card - Benefits, Charges and Eligibility
Central Bank Of India Rupay Debit Card Overview
Shopping cum RuPay Debit Card offers customers value proposition through RuPay, a Swadeshi platform of NPCI. This Debit Card redefines convenience, apart from being an ATM Card used for withdrawing cash, it also enables you to shop and make cashless purchases with attractive offers. You can use the card to make payments at shops, department stores, restaurants, petrol pumps and many more outlets.
Central Bank Of India Rupay Debit Card Features
- Valid for use in India only
- Issued under Swadeshi RuPay platform of NPCI
- High Withdrawal & Transaction Limit
- Convenience of Shopping
Central Bank Of India Rupay Debit Card EligibilityAll HSS (SB) account holders & Current account holders are eligible for this Debit Card. Existing customers can also upgrade themselves by applying for this card at their nearest branch.
Central Bank Of India Rupay Debit Card Fees & Charges
- The Card will be issued free of cost to primary and joint holders free of cost for the first year.
- No Annual Fee
- Card Replacement charges (within India) : Rs. 50/-
- Issuance of subsequent Additional Card/ add-on card : Rs. 100/-
- Re-Generation of PINS : Rs. 50/-
- Duplicate card on account of loss : Rs. 200/-
- Surcharges at Railway and Petrol Pumps : Rs.2.5% + Service tax (if any), on transaction amount or Rs.10/- whichever is higher
Central Bank Of India Rupay Debit Card Benefits
- No Issuance & Annual Fee
- It is accepted at ATMs and Merchant Establishments displaying RuPay logo only in India
- High Withdrawal Limit & Shopping Limit: Card holder enjoys ATM cash withdrawal limit of Rs 40000 & shopping limit (POS) of Rs. 100000 per day
- Cardholder will receive SMS alert on mobile every time a transaction is made using the Debit Card
Central Bank Of India Rupay Debit Card How to Apply
- Contact your Branch.
- If you don't have saving or Current Account, first open your account.
- Get the Debit Card Application form from the Branch, fill it up and submit it to your Branch.
- You will receive your Insta Debit Card & PIN (Personal Identification Number) at the time of submission of the application form.
- In case of named Debit Card, the card will be delivered to the customer's residential address. The PIN will have to be collected from the respective Branch.
- The customer has to activate the Insta Debit card after 24 hours from the receipt of the card by withdrawing cash from Dena Bank ATM.
Central Bank Of India Rupay Debit Card Documents Required
- Proof of Identity : Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Passport Driving License/ Voter ID Card
- Proof of Address : Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ Ration Card/ Voter ID Card/ Passport
- Passport sized photographs
What is EMV-Chip Based Debit Card?
EMV stands for Europay MasterCard and Visa, who developed this technology. EMV-chip based debit cards are the debit cards which have embedded microprocessor chip that stores and protects cardholders' information/ data. It uses enhanced security features to protect the important date of the card holders and discourages card's unauthorized usage.
EMV-chip based debit card generates fresh user data every time the user transacts. Therefore, it is impossible for hackers/ fraudsters to steal the information or copy the original data from any card. Further, EMV technology uses your debit card as well as PIN to complete any transaction.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked all banks in the country to replace magnetic-strip debit/ credit cards with EMV-chip based cards by 31 December 2018 as magnetic cards are quite vulnerable to skimming. Banks have already replaced the existing magnetic strip debit/ credit cards with latest EMV chip cards. Banks will provide it free of cost.