How to Apply for No Objection Certificate from RTO?

If the owner wants to transfer/ shift, remove or sell his vehicle outside the jurisdiction of the RTO within or outside the State then the owner is required to apply for issuing clearance certificate with the RTO where the vehicle is registered currently. This clearance certificate is called No Objection Certificate (NOC).

A step-by-step process to apply for NOC has been given below:

  1. Apply in Form 28 for No Objection Certificate (NOC) to the registering authority by which the vehicle was previously registered
  2. Pay appropriate fee as specified in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989
  3. Pay the due taxes on vehicle, if any
  4. Attach all the required documents (as mentioned below) with Form 28

Documents Required for NOC

  1. Certified copy of the RC Book
  2. NOC from the traffic police indicating no fines pending with the vehicle owner
  3. NOC from the financing bank, if the vehicle is under hypothecation
  4. Proof of payment of up-to-date vehicle tax
  5. Chassis & Engine Pencil Print
  6. Valid insurance certificate
  7. Pollution under control certificate (PUC)
  8. Signature Identification of owner, if required
  9. NOC from National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), if required

NOC Cancellation

Even though No Objection Certificate (NOC) has been issued to remove the Motor Vehicle to another state, it can be cancelled within a certain period, if approved by the Registering Authority.

Documents Required for NOC Cancellation

  • No Objection Certificate (NOC) slip
  • Pay NOC cancellation fee of Rs 20