Every vehicle has a validity period of registration e.g. 15 years from the date of purchase of a new vehicle. One needs to renew his vehicle's RC before its expiry for its continuous use.
When to Renew RC?
An RC is required to be renewed, not more than 60 days before the date of its expiry of the registration for its continuous use.
How to Renew RC?
A step-by-step process to Renew RC has been given below:
- Apply in Form 25 for renewal of RC
- Pay the due taxes on vehicle
- Pay appropriate fee as specified in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989
- Submit the receipt of payment of fee and tax with Form 25
- Attach all the required documents (as mentioned below) with Form 25
Documents Required for Renewal of RC
- RC Book
- Signature Identification of owner
- Fitness certificate, if required
- Chassis & Engine Pencil Print
- Valid insurance certificate
- Pollution under control certificate (PUC)
- Copy of PAN card of Form 60 and Form 61 (as applicable), if required