Change Signature in Account Account: A Savings Account is the most popular financial instrument available in India. It is offered by all the banks in India. It is the very basic product provided by the banks to the customers. If you are already having your Savings Account in Account and require to change signature in account with Account, you can do so in a very simple way.
Reasons behind Changing the Signature in Account Account
You may want to change your signature in your account in any of the following situations:
- You want a signature that suits your personality.
- In different bank account, you signatures differ and you want to make a single signature now onwards in all your accounts.
- You want to keep your signature different in your Savings and your Current Account.
- You want to change the language you sign.
- Your signature has changed over a period from the original one.
- Any other reason
In order to change signature your Savings account, you may be interested to know how to change Signature in Account Account? It's very easy to get your signature changed in your account and you just need to follow a few steps for the same.
How to Change Signature in Account Account?
If you have a Savings account with Account and interested to know how to change the signature in Account Account or how to write an application for change of signature in Account Account, then following are the steps will have to follow: (1) Visit Bank's Home Branch of your Savings Account
You need to visit the home branch for changing your Signature along with a copy of your Proof of Identity.
Documents used as a Proof of Identity of Authorised Signatory
(2) Fill up the Change of Signature Form of Account
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter's Identity Card
- Driving Licence with Photograph
- Identity Card/ confirmation from employer(Subject to the bank's satisfaction)
- Letter from a recognized public authority or public servant verifying the identity and residence of the customer to the satisfaction of bank
- Identity Card / Document with applicant's photo, issued by :
- Central / State Government and its Department
- Statutory / Regulatory authorities
- Public Sector undertakings
- Colleges affiliated to Universities (this can be treated as valid only till the time the applicant is a student)
- Professional bodies such as ICAI, ICWAI, ICSI & Bar Council etc to their members
- Credit Cards / Debit Cards issued by banks with photo
In order to change signature your bank account, the first step is to fill up Change of Signature Form. Mostly banks have their standard Signature Change form.
You can visit your HOME branch, get the Change of Signature Form and fill it up properly. In this form, there will be following columns:
- Account Number
- Name of Account Holder
- Name of Account Holder (in case of joint holding), whose signature is to be changed
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Specimen Old Signature
- New Signature (Three similar specimen signatures of your new desired sign, in some cases).
- Mention the reason for changing your sign.
There will also be a Declaration given in the bottom of the change of signature form as below:
I/We confirm that:
- All cheques issued by me/us with the old signature have been paid.
- All PDCs/ECS mandate issued with the previous signature shall be cancelled by me/us and re-issued with new signature.
- Cheques drawn with the previous signature, if presented in future, will be returned by the Bank.
- All cheques collected and paid in future by the Bank in this account will be drawn in the same name / style / new signature as given in this request form.
Please note that in case you are not able to replicate your existing signature in your account, you are required to submit any one of the following documents for proof of your signature (duly attested by gazetted officer, a banker, or notary):
- Any government issued photo identity document (Driving license, Residence Card etc.) having a seal/ stamp of Government Authority as a proof of current signature, duly attested by a Banker or Indian Embassy or Notary or Gazetted Officer. The signature on the form should match the signature on the government issued document.
- Declaration stating "I hold an bank account with Account, (name of the city) branch and am unable to replicate my old signatures. Kindly attest my signatures.", should be attested by a Banker or Indian Embassy or Notary. The Banker/ Embassy / Notary can mention "verified with records" / "signed in my presence" /"signature verified" or equivalent.
- If self-attested copy of the passport is notarized the same can be accepted as proof of new signature.
The new signature should match the signature on above document.
In case you don't get such from your bank, then you can write a simple application for change of signature containing all the above mentioned columns.
After that you need to submit it to the branch manager/ officer-in-charge. Please note that you may be asked for submitting a Proof of Identity by your banker.
Don't forget to mention your contact number and email id in this form.(3) Cross check the details filled in the Change of Signature Form
Before submitting the signature change form, you must cross check the details filled in the form. You need to confirm whether required fields have properly been filled n by you. It is very necessary to check these details, so that there won't be any problem for your bank to change your signature.
The banker verifies the form and documents submitted by you and if he/ she finds all the things are correct he will accept your application. After due verification of the credentials, your banker will process the request.
You may ask your banker as to how much time will it take to change your signature in your bank account so that you can confirm signature change is affected after that time. (4) Confirm the signature is changed in your account
Generally, an email alert would be sent at your registered email id confirming the status of your signature change request. Otherwise also, you must confirm that the signature is changed in your account either through phone call or through visiting your branch
If you follow above steps, you would be able to change the signature in your bank account in a hassle free manner.
Important Points regarding Change of Signature in Account Savings Account
- For change of signature in your Savings account, you need to visit that branch of the bank where you had opened your account.
- Don't forget to bring the original documents for bank's verification purpose.
- Don't forget to mention your contact details like mobile number, email address, even if it's not changed.
- Don't forget to confirm that the signature change in your account is affected.
- All the account holders need to sign this form (in case of joint holding).
- Take an acknowledgement of request given for change of Signature from the bank.
- The new signature would be valid once the changes are updated in the bank system.
- BANK will not be responsible for return / dishonour of any such old outstanding / unpaid cheques / debits / requests and which are still in transit and not in conformity with the new Signature.
Change Address in other Banks Account