Everyone has his/ her bank account now-a-days with some bank. There may be some occasions that a need may arise to change one's name in his/ her bank account.
There can be multiple reasons why anyone requires to change his/ her name in the bank account. Some of the main reasons are mentioned below:
- Change of Surname after marriage (in case of woman)
- Change of Name and Surname after marriage (in case of woman)
- Change of Name due to disliking current name
- Changing Name after divorce
- Combining Surnames to form a new surname
- Want to have more "Ethnic" Name
- Due to change of religion
- Change to establish Professional Identity
If you are maintaining your bank account with your old name which is changed now and wish to get it changed in your bank account as well, then you are allowed to do so as many times as you wish to do.
How to Change your Name in Indusind Bank Account?
In order to change your Name in Indusind Bank, you need to follow below mentioned step by step process:
Step 1: Write an Application for Change of Name
You are required to write an application addressing the branch manager of Indusind Bank for changing your name in your bank account. This application should contain the following details:
- Your Existing Name with the bank and New Name
- Your Bank Account Number and CIN/ CIF Number (printed on your passbook/ account statement)
- Proper Reason for changing your name
- Your Address, Registered Mobile Number and Registered Email Id
- Put your Signature at the end
Step 2: Approach home branch of Indusind Bank where you maintain your account
Please visit the Indusind Bank Home Branch along with proper documents as a proof to do so such as:
- Name Change Affidavit
- PAN Card, Voter ID and Aadhaar card (having your new name printed on it)
- Copies of Newspaper Publications
- Change of Name change Gazette Notification
- Marriage Certificate
Step 3: Attach the required documents with your Application for Change of Name
You need to attach attested copy of the required document supporting the change of your name with your Application for Change of Name. You are also required to put your signature on the copy of the required proof as without your signature on them they are not valid.
While visiting your bank for submitting your application, you should make sure to keep original documents with you as your branch manager may ask for the same for verification purpose.
Step 4: Submit Application for Change of Name along with necessary documents to the banker
Submit the duly filled up Application for Change of Name with your Proof of Change of your Name to the Bank Executive.
Step 5: Take acknowledgement of your Application
Bank Executive will verify your application, signature and other details. If he finds the form complete in all respect, he will give you an acknowledgement of your application.
Step 6: Processing of your request of your name
After due validation, Indusind Bank will change your Name/ Surname in your account and in the bank records.
Step 7: Verify with Indusind Bank of Change in your Name
You will be sent a notification by Indusind Bank either through SMS on your registered mobile number or email about changing your name in your account within a few days. In case, your do not receive any intimation, you may contact your branch and confirm if the changes are processed.
Step 8: Get your Name Changed on your Passbook
After your name is changed in your bank account, it is the time to get your new name printed on your passbook as well. Further, send a request for issuing a new cheque book with your new name printed on its cheque leaves. You can also request for issuing fresh debit card with your new name in order to avoid any problem in future.
Indusind Bank Other Operations
Change Name in Other Banks