In Bank Recurring Deposit account, a pre-specified amount is deposited at periodic intervals on a regular basis and its term is available from minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 10 years with monthly instalments of 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 108 and 120 months.
Whenever you want to start a RD, you would like to search for the best RD to invest in. Some other schemes offered to minors, students and parents to save money for the children. Such schemes may carry higher rates of interest. Following table will definitely help you showing Recurring Deposit Interest rates offered by various banks for different tenure.
In order to know your recurring account interest rates, you can use "Recurring Interest Calculator". You can check major bank's recurring interest rates like Axis Bank, State Bank of India, Central Bank etc.
Its calculate option facilitates you to easily calculate the amount of interest earned as well as the maturity amount. The current interest rates available from different banks range between 6.50% and 6.75% per annum.
Find Bank Recurring Deposit Interest Rates (as on 27 Jun 2022) from below list.
Advantages of Recurring Deposit (RD)
- Can be opened with bank or post office
- You can start investing with an amount of as minimum as Rs 100 per month
- Offer higher interest rates to Senior Citizens, generally 0.50% higher interest is offered to Senior Citizens
- Minors can also open RD accounts
- Monthly Investment Option, hence no lump sum is required
- Minimum deposit amount is also very low. Some banks even offer minimum deposit amount of RD as low as Rs 10
- Fixed Interest Rate, once RD is opened the investor will get fixed interest rate which is prevailing at the time of opening RD account
- Flexible Tenure, RD tenure may vary from 6 months to 10 years depending upon bank to bank
- Interest Payout Options, you can opt for interest payout option or interest reinvestment option as per your need
- Early withdrawal is possible, you can withdraw whole amount before the maturity in case of emergency or need by paying a small penalty
- No Cap on Investment, there is no cap on maximum amount that can be invested under an RD
- Loan against RD, loan upto 95% of deposited amount in RD can be availed by the account holder
- Flexi RD, some banks such as ICICI Bank, SBI, etc. offer flexi RD scheme allowing customers can deposit any amount at any point in the tenure with no requirement to make deposits every month
Recurring Deposit Interest Rates as on 27 Jun 2022Disclaimer: The Recurring Deposit Interest Rates keep on changing. You are advised to check the interest rates with banks before making your FD. Source: Bank Websites