What is a MasterCard Debit Card? Overview,Benefits,FAQs and Features
Overview of MasterCard Debit Card
MasterCard is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in New York, United States. Its major business is to process payments between the banks of merchants and the card issuing banks or credit unions of the purchasers who use the "Mastercard" brand debit and credit cards to make purchases. In simple terms, MasterCard is also a global provider of debit and credit card.
MasterCard offers additional security for online shoppers through the MasterCard SecureCode. MasterCard converted from a private company to a public company on 25th May 2006 after its Public Issue (IPO).
Features of MasterCard Debit Card
- Mastercard is a Global Service Provider
- It is accepted in almost each country across the world
- MasterCard is safer than cash
- Mastercard offers multiple offers and benefits to the card holders
- Using MasterCard is an easy and convenient way to pay for purchases
Benefits of MasterCard Debit Card
- All major Indian banks issue MasterCard Debit cards
- Mastercard debit card holders can call directly to their banks, who issued these cards, in case the card is stolen/ lost
- The card holder can withdraw cash from ATMs, make purchases from merchant stores or online shopping
- The card holder gets complementary Airport lounge access
- Extends the original manufacturer's warranty for eligible purchases
- Protection for damage to or theft of purchased items
- MasterAssist/Medical Expense Reimbursement
FAQs of MasterCard Debit Card
How do I apply for a Mastercard debit card?
Mastercard does not issue cards directly, please contact your bank/ card issuing company/ financial institution to apply for a card.
How can I get a list of Mastercard ATM locations?
The Mastercard ATM network is just a phone call away and you can find nearby ATM location very easily.
Can I use my MasterCard Debit Card outside India?
Yes, MasterCard Debit Cards have a worldwide acceptance.
I've forgotten the PIN for my Mastercard debit card. What to do now?
You have to contact your card issuing bank/ financial institution to retrieve or reset your PIN. You can get the contact information either on your billing statement or on bank's website.
What should I do if my MasterCard Debit card is lost or stolen?
You need to immediately notify the your card issuing bank as soon as you lost your card so that they can block it in order to prevent fraudulent transactions on your card.
How can I get a replacement for a lost or stolen Mastercard debit card?
You just need to call the Mastercard Assistance Center for a replacement for a lost or stolen Mastercard debit card from anywhere in the world. They will provide you full support no matter in which country you are.