Guidelines for Debit Card Operations at ATM
Debit Card Operations at ATM
- To operate at any ATM, one should have a valid Card and PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- Insert the Card at the ATM in the slot meant for the same, correctly.
- The face of the Card should be upside; the left side of the Card - i.e., the side where the number starts, should be inserted.
- Enter the correct PIN.
- Enter the type of transaction.
- Choose the type of account.
- If withdrawing money, enter the amount of cash to be withdrawn.
- If more than one account under the same type were linked to the Card, choose the account from which you want to withdraw, by typing the serial number as displayed on the monitor, like, 1 or 2 or 3.
- If transferring funds from one linked account to another, choose the account from which you want to transfer, like, 1 or 2 or 3 and choose the account to which the amount has to be credited, besides entering the amount to be transferred.
- For Balance Enquiry, if more than one account were linked to the Card, under the same account type, then choose the account serial number as displayed on the monitor.
- At your own Bank ATMs, you can avail the following services:
- Account Selection
- Cash Withdrawal
- Balance Enquiry
- Cheque/Cash Deposit
- Mini Statement of Accounts
- Account Statement
- Cheque book Request
- Funds Transfer between your own Accounts
- PIN Change
Debit Card Operations at Merchant Point
- Step1: Present your card to the merchant.
- Step2: The merchant will swipe it at the POS terminal and enter the amount of purchase.
- Step3:You will be presented the PIN pad, key in your PIN.
- Step4: The terminal will process the transaction and charge slip will be printed.
- Step5: Check the amount on the charge slip and sign on the merchant's copy.
- Step6: The merchant will return the customer's copy of the charge.