Central Bank Of India Shopping Cum Debit Card - Benefits, Charges and Eligibility
Central Bank Of India Shopping Cum Debit Card Overview
Shopping cum Debit Card offers value proposition to the card holders through a Debit Card. Card holder can not only use this card as an ATM Card for withdrawing cash, but can also shop and make cashless purchases with attractive offers. One can use the card to make payments at shops, department stores, restaurants, petrol pumps and many more outlets.
Central Bank Of India Shopping Cum Debit Card Features
- Shopping cum Debit Card is issued under MasterCard & Visa platform
- High Withdrawal & Transaction Limit: Card holder enjoys ATM cash withdrawal limit of Rs 40,000/- & shopping limit (POS & e-com) of Rs. 1,00,000/- per day
- Convenient Shopping with Reward Points
- Security of Transactions
- Shopping Debit Card can be used online for shopping, paying bills or enjoying movie with your family
Central Bank Of India Shopping Cum Debit Card EligibilityAll HSS (SB) account holders & Current account holders are eligible for this Debit Card.
Central Bank Of India Shopping Cum Debit Card Fees & Charges
- The Card will be issued free of cost to primary and joint holders free of cost for the first year.
- From the second year onwards Bank will charge an annual fee of Rs. 100/- only for renewal of the card every year
- Card Replacement charges (within India) : Rs. 50/-
- Issuance of subsequent Additional Card/ add-on card : Rs. 100/-
- Foreign Transactions : Rs.3.5% + Service tax (if any)
- Re-Generation of PINS : Rs. 50/-
- Duplicate card on account of loss : Rs. 200/-
- Surcharges at Railway and Petrol Pumps : Rs.2.5% + Service tax (if any), on transaction amount or Rs.10/- whichever is higher
Central Bank Of India Shopping Cum Debit Card Benefits
- No issuance fee
- Personal Accident (Death) Insurance Cover: Card Holder will be covered for Personal Accident (Death) Insurance Cover of Rs. 1,00,000/-. This Personal Accident Death Insurance will be in the form of "Group Insurance"
- Rewardz Points on Shopping: Card holder earns & accumulates Anmol Rewardz Points for all shopping transaction at Point of Sale (POS), online, over the phone purchases using Debit Card. For every Rs.100 spent on POS / online, 1 Anmol Rewardz Point will accrue. 2.5 Anmol points are also awarded to customers for every Cash Withdrawal of Rs. 1500/- and above at Central Bank of India ATM
- Shopping Debit Card has host of benefits that will enhance lifestyle and provides convenience in banking transactions
- Shopping Debit Card is accepted at ATMs and Merchant establishments across India Cardholder will receive SMS alert on mobile every time a transaction is made using the Debit Card
Central Bank Of India Shopping Cum Debit Card How to Apply
- Contact your Branch.
- If you don't have saving or Current Account, first open your account.
- Get the Debit Card Application form from the Branch, fill it up and submit it to your Branch.
- You will receive your Insta Debit Card & PIN (Personal Identification Number) at the time of submission of the application form.
- In case of named Debit Card, the card will be delivered to the customer's residential address. The PIN will have to be collected from the respective Branch.
- The customer has to activate the Insta Debit card after 24 hours from the receipt of the card by withdrawing cash from Dena Bank ATM.
Central Bank Of India Shopping Cum Debit Card Documents Required
- Proof of Identity : Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Passport Driving License/ Voter ID Card
- Proof of Address : Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ Ration Card/ Voter ID Card/ Passport
- Passport sized photographs
What is EMV-Chip Based Debit Card?
EMV stands for Europay MasterCard and Visa, who developed this technology. EMV-chip based debit cards are the debit cards which have embedded microprocessor chip that stores and protects cardholders' information/ data. It uses enhanced security features to protect the important date of the card holders and discourages card's unauthorized usage.
EMV-chip based debit card generates fresh user data every time the user transacts. Therefore, it is impossible for hackers/ fraudsters to steal the information or copy the original data from any card. Further, EMV technology uses your debit card as well as PIN to complete any transaction.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked all banks in the country to replace magnetic-strip debit/ credit cards with EMV-chip based cards by 31 December 2018 as magnetic cards are quite vulnerable to skimming. Banks have already replaced the existing magnetic strip debit/ credit cards with latest EMV chip cards. Banks will provide it free of cost.