Union Bank Gold Debit Card - Benefits, Charges and Eligibility
Union Bank Gold Debit Card Overview
Union Bank Gold Debit Card is a debit card issued to those bank account holders who maintain Average quarterly Balance from Rs.50000/- to less than Rs. 1 Lakh in their bank accounts. It provides all the standard features of a debit card. Add-on-Cards are issued in case of Joint Accounts. Green PIN Facility is also available to the card holders free of cost.
Union Bank Gold Debit Card Features
- These cards can be used to pay directly for purchases or withdraw cash
- Green PIN Facility (No PIN mailer is required)
- Daily ATM limit: Rs. 40,000
- Daily Shopping limit: Rs. 60,000
- Total Daily limit: Rs. 1,00,000
Union Bank Gold Debit Card EligibilityAll account holders maintaining Average quarterly Balance from Rs.50000/- to less than Rs. 1 Lakh in their bank accounts with the bank are eligible to apply for this card. Existing eligible customers can also upgrade the accounts to apply for this card.
Union Bank Gold Debit Card Fees & Charges
- Charges for issuance of Card : Nil
- Second Year Onwards Annual Fee: Rs 100/- Plus GST, Fee waived off for customer who maintained average quarterly balance (AQB) of Rs 10,000/-
- Charges for issuance of Add-on Card : Nil
- Second Year Onwards Annual Fee for Add-on Card: : Rs 100/- Plus GST
- Regeneration of PIN: Rs 150/- plus GST
- Regeneration of Green PIN: Free
- Replacement/Re-issue of Lost/Damaged Card: Rs 150/- plus GST
- Cash Withdrawal charges at VISA/MasterCard ATMs outside India: Rs.125/- + 2.5% of currency conversion charges plus GST
- Currency Conversion charges: 2.5% of transaction amount plus GST
- Mark Up Charges for each POSP transaction at Petrol Pumps: 2.5% + GST
- Mark Up Charges for each POSP transaction at Railway Bookings: 2.5% + GST
Union Bank Gold Debit Card Benefits
- Use your card for shopping at over 5 lakh outlets in India
- More Security Facilities to the customers
- Multiple Account Access- Customer can access up to three accounts linked to a single card
- Add-on-Cards are issued in case of Joint Accounts
- Secured online transactions are available through Usecure registration
- Cash withdrawals are possible at specified merchant locations
- Free Insurance is available against accidental death
- Facilities such as 24 hour hot-listing facility are available
Union Bank Gold Debit Card How to Apply
- Contact your Branch.
- If you don't have saving or Current Account, first open your account.
- Get the Debit Card Application form from the Branch, fill it up and submit it to your Branch.
- You will receive your Insta Debit Card & PIN (Personal Identification Number) at the time of submission of the application form.
- In case of named Debit Card, the card will be delivered to the customer's residential address. The PIN will have to be collected from the respective Branch.
- The customer has to activate the Insta Debit card after 24 hours from the receipt of the card by withdrawing cash from Dena Bank ATM.
Union Bank Gold Debit Card Documents Required
- Proof of Identity : Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Passport Driving License/ Voter ID Card
- Proof of Address : Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ Ration Card/ Voter ID Card/ Passport
- Passport sized photographs
What is EMV-Chip Based Debit Card?
EMV stands for Europay MasterCard and Visa, who developed this technology. EMV-chip based debit cards are the debit cards which have embedded microprocessor chip that stores and protects cardholders' information/ data. It uses enhanced security features to protect the important date of the card holders and discourages card's unauthorized usage.
EMV-chip based debit card generates fresh user data every time the user transacts. Therefore, it is impossible for hackers/ fraudsters to steal the information or copy the original data from any card. Further, EMV technology uses your debit card as well as PIN to complete any transaction.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked all banks in the country to replace magnetic-strip debit/ credit cards with EMV-chip based cards by 31 December 2018 as magnetic cards are quite vulnerable to skimming. Banks have already replaced the existing magnetic strip debit/ credit cards with latest EMV chip cards. Banks will provide it free of cost.