How to Change Bank Account to Receive Gas Subsidy
In our country India, a person is eligible to receive subsidy on gas cylinders which is offered by the Indian Government. One can receive only 12 cylinders of 14.2 kg each or 34 bottles of 5 kg each in a year at subsidised rate.
For availing this subsidy, you need to link your Aadhaar to your Bank Account as well as to your LPG Account. There may be times, when you would like to change your Bank Account to receive gas subsidy. Suppose you have selected bank "A" for receiving subsidy amount which you want to change to bank "B". Then it is possible to change the same anytime.
How to Change Bank Account to Receive Gas Subsidy?
You can change the Bank Account to receive gas subsidy in any of the following 2 processes:
|By Linking Aadhaar to New Bank Account
|By Linking LPG Consumer ID to New Bank Account
Process 1: How to Change Bank Account to Receive Gas Subsidy By Linking Aadhaar to New Bank Account?
As National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) considers only the latest bank account that has been linked to Aadhaar for the cash transfer of LPG subsidy to your bank account, if you link Aadhaar to New Bank Account, where you want to receive gas subsidy, it only would be considered by the NPCI for the cash transfer of LPG subsidy.
You can link Aadhaar to New Bank Account in any of the following 3 processes:
|Linking Aadhaar to New Bank Account Offline
|Linking Aadhaar to New Bank Account Online
|Linking Aadhaar to New Bank Account through Mobile
Process to link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Offline
- Visit your bank and obtain the Aadhaar Card & Bank Linking Form. Alternatively, you can downloan it from your bank's website and take a print out of it.
- You are required to fill in your Bank Account Number, Current Address, Mobile Number, Phone Number, IFS Code, etc. in that form.
- You are also required to enter your Aadhaar number in the form.
- Fill in all the details in the form correctly.
- Enclose a photocopy of your Aadhaar Card with the form.
- Submit the form to the banker for processing your request.
- The banker will verify it with your original Aadhaar Card.
- The banker will keep the application form for further processing.
- After your request for linking your Aadhaar Card with your account is processed, you will be notified by your bank through email/ SMS.
Process to Check the status of linking of Aadhaar Card with Bank Account Online
- Visit the site www.uidai.gov.in
- Click on 'Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status'
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and Security Code displayed on that page
- Click on 'Submit' Button
- Then an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP
- Click on 'Login'
- If you are able to login successfully, the page of the website will display whether your Aadhaar number is successfully linked to the bank or not
- The page will also display information like Bank Name (it will show only the last bank with which your Aadhaar information is linked to), Bank Linking Status and Bank Linking Date
- Remember, if you maintain multiple bank accounts, you will have to check the status of the same with the bank
Process to Check the status of linking of Aadhaar Card with Bank Account through Mobile
- Dial a number *99*99*1# through your registered Mobile Number
- Enter your Aadhaar Number
- Verify and confirm that the Aadhaar Number entered by you is correct
- Then it will display whether your Aadhaar Card is linked with your Bank Account
Process 2: How to Change Bank Account to Receive Gas Subsidy By Linking LPG Consumer ID to New Bank Account?
This is the second method to change your Bank Account to receive gas subsidy in your new bank account. For following this process, you need to know your 17 digits LPG ID. As National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) will send you a confirmation after 7 to 15 days after which the credit towards LPG subsidy will start coming into your new bank account.
You can link Aadhaar to LPG in any of the following 5 processes:
|Through Indane Gas IVRS Service
|By Sending an SMS
|Through Web Portal of Indane Gas
|By Calling Customer Care
|By Submitting Aadhaar Letter
How to Link Aadhaar to Indane LPG Through Indane Gas IVRS Service
- Indane Gas IVRS Numbers are different for different Areas and States
- Dial given toll free number of your area from your registered mobile number with Indane Gas
- Select the language code
- Enter the STD code and the telephone number of your distributor
- Enter your Indane Gas Consumer Number (enter only numerical part of the consumer number)
- After your customer number is validated by the IVRS, you need to select the option for linking Aadhaar to LPG
- Provide your Aadhaar Number
- Your Aadhaar will be linked to Indane LPG
How to Link Aadhaar to Indane LPG By Sending an SMS
- Register your mobile number Send REG distributor telephone number with STD code without zero customer number (eg. REG 117654321 564321)
- From Registered Telephone number : UID Aadhaar number (eg. UID 343434343434) To SMS number of your Area and State.
How to Link Aadhaar to Indane LPG Through Web Portal of Indane Gas
- Visit the URL by clicking on https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/User/ResidentSelfSeedingpds.aspx
- Enter required information
- Select option "LPG" under Benefit Type in order to link your Aadhaar Card to LPG
- Now enter the scheme name as "IOCL" for Indane connection
- Select the Distributor name from the list
- Write your Indane Gas consumer number
- Enter other details such as Mobile Number, Email Address, and your Aadhaar Number
- Click on "Submit" button
- An OTP will be sent on your Mobile Number and Email Address
- You need to enter the OTP
- Click on "Submit" button
- After successful verification, your Aadhaar will be linked to Indane LPG
How to Link Aadhaar to Indane LPG By Calling Customer Care
Indane gas has provided a toll-free number to find the status of booking of Indane Gas. The nummber is very simple and easy to remember. This number can be reached from anywhere in India by the customers. The details of the number are given below. The customer can call there and get the booking status by providing his/ her consumer number.
|Indane Gas Customer Care Toll-Free Number
|Customer can call in Manual Mode
|From 8 AM to 8 PM
Call 18002333555 and inform your Aadhaar number and mobile number to the call center. Your Aadhaar will be linked to Indane LPG after that.
How to Link Aadhaar to Indane LPG By Submitting Aadhaar Letter
Customers with Aadhaar Numbers shall provide the Legible Photocopy of the Aadhaar letter/Card to your Distributors show room or to delivery boy with Consumer Number, Name, Distributor Name, mobile number etc. written on the same along with copy of DGCC/Blue Book or recent cash memo.
Before submission Aadhaar Letter, please note that you have given following documents:
- Photo Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Photo Copy of First page of DGCC / Blue Book or recent delivery reciept
- Address Proof (Required only in case of your present LPG delivery address is different from address in Aadhaar Card)
- Information as asked in points 1 to 6 in "Aadhaar Registration Sheet"
Further note that, Aadhar Letters along with the above documents can also be send to your respective Area office's Mailing address by post.