PAHAL Scheme by Government of India | LPG Subsidy PAHAL Scheme & Ujjwala Yojana
Snapshot of PAHAL (DBTL) Scheme for Receiving Gas Subsidy
|What is the full form of PAHAL?
|PAHAL is an abbreviation for Pratyaksh Hanstantrit Labh
|What is PAHAL Scheme?
|PAHAL is a Direct Benefits Transfer For LPG (DBTL) Consumers Scheme. The customers will receive gas subsidy directly to their bank accounts after joining PAHAL
|When PAHAL was launched?
|PAHAL was launched in 54 districts on November 15, 2014. It was subsequently launched in rest of India on January 1, 2015
|Where to join PAHAL?
|One can join PAHAL by clicking Join PAHAL
|What is the main aim of PAHAL?
|Main aim of PAHAL is to curb the diversion of the subsidized LPG
Need of PAHAL (DBTL) Scheme
- To infuse transparency and efficiency into the supply chain of LPG
- To overcome the obstacles such as monopoly
- For delivery of good services to the customers
- To provide better management of the subsidy
- To remove the incentive to divert the domestic LPG cylinders
How of PAHAL (DBTL) Scheme Works?If a customer joins PAHAL Scheme, he/ she needs to pay the market price for the domestic cylinder and the subsidy will be transferred directly to their bank account. PAHAL (DBTL) has been designed to ensure that the genuine customer should be benefitted directly and his/ her benefit should not be diverted.
Benefits of of PAHAL (DBTL) Scheme
- Elimination of supply chain leakages and unauthorized usage
- Consumers are facilitated to opt out of gas subsidy
- Surrender of multiple connections with the help of Aadhaar based De-duplication
- Help offering improved services to the consumers
- Reduction in number of customer complaints and grievances
- More availability of new LPG connections for the people
- Reduced product shortage and better handling of the situation
Pricing under PAHAL (DBTL) Scheme
In the PAHAL (DBTL) districts, domestic LPG cylinders will be sold to CTC domestic LPG consumers at Market Determined Price (does not include subsidy) from the date of launch of the scheme. A one-time Advance will be provided to every CTC consumer joining PAHAL (DBTL).
How Can a Consumer Join PAHAL (DBTL) Scheme to Receive Subsidy in the Bank Account?
- Visit web portal https://mylpg.in/index.aspx
- To Join PAHAL (DBTL) and avail of regular LPG Services Online, one needs to enter his/ her 17-Digit LPG ID in the space provided
- After joining PAHAL, the consumer will be called CTC (Cash Transfer Compliant) once he joins the scheme and is ready to receive subsidy in the bank account.
- The LPG consumer can receive subsidy in his bank account by 2 options available under PAHAL (DBTL).
- These two options for the consumer becoming CTC are as follows:
- Option 1 (Primary Option): If the consumer has an Aadhaar Number, then the consumer has to link it to the bank account number and to the LPG consumer number.
- Option 2 (Secondary Option): If the consumer does not have an Aadhaar Number, then he/ she can directly receive subsidy in his bank account in any of the following 2 ways:
- By submitting bank account information (bank account holder name /account number /IFSC code) to the LPG distributor for capture in LPG database OR
- By submitting 17-digit LPG consumer ID to his/ her bank
Opting Out of LPG Subsidy?
In India, the Indian Government offers subsidy on LPG Gas Cylinders. A person can receive subsidy only on 12 cylinders of 14.2 kg each or 34 bottles of 5 kg each in a year.
In order to help a BPL family to get an LPG connection, a person can come forward and opt to give up subsidy on LPG. It is completely choice based scheme and no one will be enforced for it.
Grievance Redressal System under PAHAL (DBTL) Scheme
- For getting any information, providing feedback and for registering any complaint related to PAHAL (DBTL) consumers can:
- Call toll free 1800-233-3555 number of the OMCs' call center or
- Visit their LPG distributor and fill the complaints/suggestions in Form 6
- The Grievance will be registered in the centralized grievance system of the OMC
- Consumers will get a Service Request Number or SR No. at call center or through SMS, if lodged at distributorship
- Consumers can track the status of the complaints with the help of Service Request Number or SR No. allotted to them
- The Grievance will be redressed and consumer will be intimated accordingly