How to Change or Update Aadhaar Details Offline step by step | Time Taken to Process Updation Request
What Details need to be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Offline (Mandatory)?
Following details cannot be changed online. The user will have to go to Aadhaar Enrolment Centre personally to get the following details updated or changed:
- D.O.B (Date of Birth)
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
How to Change or Update Aadhaar Details Offline?
If you want to change or update the Aadhaar details offline i.e. you are visiting Aadhaar Permanent Enrolment Center, you can get both demographics & biometrics Aadhaar details changed or updated.
For changing the details you need to carry the original supporting documents with you for the verification. The authorised person at the centre will get these documents scanned and return to you after proper updation.
Given below is a step by step process to Change or Update Aadhaar Details Offline:
- Go to this link Aadhaar Enrolment Centre personally. You need to carry the original supporting documents with you for the purpose of verification.
- Procure an updation form
- Fill the form accurately and mention what details you want to change such as mobile number, address, etc.
- Submit duly filled updation form at the designated desk
- Hand over the supporting documents to the authorised person for scanning and verification
- The authorised person will enter make necessary updation by entering the details in their system
- Your biometric authentication is done for every request
- The authorised person will validate all the information provided by you
- After completion of the above process, you will get the 14 digit URN (Update Request Number) like 0123/02222/01234
- This number is helpful in tracking the update status online hence you need to keep this number properly till the update request is not processed
Fee for Change or Update Aadhaar Details Offline
Changing or Updating Aadhaar details offline i.e. if you are visiting an enrolment centre for the change / update, you need to pay a fee of Rs 25 plus GST each time you get your details updated.
Time Taken to Process Updation Request
Once your request is approved, you can download your e-Aadhaar by clicking "Download Aadhaar" on portal https://uidai.gov.in
After updation, Aadhaar letter will be sent to the address only in case of updation in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender.
After updation of Mobile number or Email ID, Aadhaar letter will not be sent to you but a notification will be sent on the given mobile number or email ID.