Through SSUP enabled online portal, the users can change or update the following details:
Earlier UIDAI used to provide the facility to change or update almost all the details online, but now only address updation is possible online.
What details cannot be Changed in the Aadhaar Card Online?
Following details cannot be changed online. The user will have to go to Aadhaar Enrolment Centre personally to get the following details updated or changed:
- D.O.B (Date of Birth)
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
How to Change or Update Aadhaar Details Online?
Given below is a step by step process to Change or Update Aadhaar Details Online:
- Go to this link Aadhaar online update portal https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your Aadhaar number or Virtual ID (VID)
- Enter Captcha Code for verification
- Click on "Send OTP"
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number after entering the required details
- Enter the OTP
- Now you have to select the item that you want to update such as your address
- Then you also need to upload supporting document such as proof of address
- On successfully uploading document, you will get the 14 digit URN (Update Request Number) like 0123/02222/01234
- This number is helpful in tracking the update status online hence you need to keep this number properly till the update request is not processed
Fee for Change or Update Aadhaar Details Online
Changing or Updating Aadhaar details online is totally free of cost. The user doesn't have to pay any fee for the same.
Time Taken to Process Updation Request
Once your request is approved, you can download your e-Aadhaar by clicking "Download Aadhaar" on portal https://uidai.gov.in.
After updation, Aadhaar letter will be sent to the address only in case of updation in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender.
After updation of Mobile number or Email ID, Aadhaar letter will not be sent to you but a notification will be sent on the given mobile number or email ID.