What is URN Number, How to Check URN Status Online?
URN stands for Update Request Number is a 14 digit number issued to you whenever you file a request for updation, change or correction of any details on your Aadhaar Card online. An Update Request Number (URN) is allotted to the applicant (an SMS containing URN is sent to the registered mobile number) after he/ she successfully submits the application for any updation in Aadhaar Details.
This URN is used to track the updation process on the official website of UID.
A URN is a 14 digit number which looks like this: 0234/00123/05234.
How URN works?
In case of any changes to the personal information of the cardholder, an update can be requested. One of the important aspects of this update process is the Update Request Number (URN). The URN is generated when a person requests a change or correction in their Aadhaar details such as name, date of birth, address, mobile number, etc. The update request can be made either online or by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra (ASK).
A 14-digit number, called URN, is generated after the update request is submitted. It serves as a reference number for tracking the status of the update request. Once the request is submitted, the URN is generated and sent to the registered mobile number or email address of the Aadhaar cardholder. This number can be used to track the status of the update request through the official UIDAI website or the mAadhaar mobile application.
The request is then verified by the UIDAI and if found correct, the updated details are reflected in the individual's Aadhaar card. Here, the URN can be used to check the status of the update request. The individual can track the status of their request through the UIDAI website or by calling the UIDAI toll-free number.
If the update request is rejected due to incorrect information or documentation, the individual can reapply for the same update by providing the correct information and documents. A new URN will be issued for the new update request.
It is important to keep the URN safe and secure for future reference, as it is required for any further updates or corrections to the Aadhaar card. The URN can also be used to check the status of any previous update requests that have been submitted. The URN is a crucial aspect of the Aadhaar update process in India. The URN is an important feature as it enables individuals to keep their Aadhaar details up-to-date and accurate. It also ensures that any changes made to an individual's Aadhaar details are properly verified and authenticated. It is essential to note that the URN is not the same as the Aadhaar number and should not be used as a substitute for it.
How to Get Aadhaar URN Number?
Given below is a step by step process to get URN Number:
- Go to this link Aadhaar online update portal https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your Aadhaar number or Virtual ID (VID)
- Enter Captcha Code for verification
- Click on "Send OTP"
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number after entering the required details
- Enter the OTP
- Now you have to select the item that you want to update such as your address, etc.
- Then you also need to upload supporting document such as proof of address
- On successfully uploading document, you will get the 14 digit URN (Update Request Number) like 0123/02222/01234
- This number is helpful in tracking the update status online hence you need to keep this number properly till the update request is not processed
How to Check URN Status Online?
Following is the step by step process to check URN Status online :
- Go to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
- Enter your Aadhaar Number
- Enter your URN. Enter it without slashes
- Enter Your SRN
- Enter Captcha Code for verification
- Click on Get Status
- Then the page will show you the status of your URN
- Sometimes it may show "URN Number invalid". It simply means that your URN has not still been processed by UIDAI
- For any other problem or issue, you can contact UIDAI at their email id "[email protected]" or you can visit to the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre
How to Check URN Status Offline?
Following is the step by step process to check URN Status offline :
- Visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre
- Keep your acknowledgement slip and URN with you while visiting the centre
- Requet the person-in-charge to check your URN status
- He will enter the data in their system
- Then the page of their system will show you the status of your URN